* What is the physical address of Hickory PD?
The physical address for Hickory Police Department is: 347 2nd Avenue SW Hickory, NC 28602

* When should I call 911?
When you have an emergency for police, fire or ambulance services. When you dial 911, your call will go to the Catawba County Sheriff`s department and your call will be routed to Hickory Police Department’s Communication Center. For a non-police emergency, you should dial (828) 328-5551, which goes directly to Hickory Police Department’s Communications Center.

* How do I obtain a police report?
Reports can be obtained from the Records Division at Hickory Police Department headquarters Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There is a $3.00 fee for each police report.

* How do I obtain sex offender information?
For information about sex offenders search the following link: http://sbi.jus.state.nc.us/DOJHAHT/SOR/

* How do I take care of traffic tickets?
Most traffic tickets can be taken care of in one of two ways. You can contact a magistrate (located at Hickory Police Department headquarters) to pay the fine or you can appear in court. Some traffic tickets require a mandatory court appearance even to plead guilty. If you are not sure, you can check by calling Hickory Police Department’s administrative line at (828) 324-2060.

* How do I get a tour of Hickory PD headquarters?
We are very proud of our headquarters and enjoy giving tours. You can arrange a tour by contacting Sgt. Scott Hildebrand at (828) 324-2060.

* How can I start a neighborhood watch?
Neighborhood Watch programs are a good way to meet those in your community and it helps make your neighborhood safer. Contact Sgt. Scott Hildebrand at (828) 261-2644.

* How can I find out information about warrants?
If you want to know if an officer has served a warrant, call our administrative line (828) 324-2060 Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. so they may tell you that warrant information cannot be given out over the phone.

* When I am out of town will Hickory PD watch my home?
For many years Hickory Police Department has had a home watch program. Call (828) 328-5551 and a communications employee will take the needed information. While you are away, P.A.C.T. officers will keep a special watch on your residence.

* What makes a person or vehicle "suspicious"?
If something doesn`t look right, it`s worth having an officer check it out. Don`t hesitate to call (828) 328-5551 if you think something or someone is suspicious.

* Does the PD provide fingerprinting service for the public?
Hickory Police Department provides fingerprinting on a limited basis by appointment only. There is a $12.00 fee.

* How can I obtain information about becoming a police officer with Hickory Police Department?
Check out Career Development (http://www.hickorygov.com/police/careerdevelopment.html) or call Sgt. Melissa Christy at (828) 261-2699 for information.

* What can I do about noisy neighbors or barking dogs?
Noise is one of the main calls for police service in Hickory and we take it very seriously. If you have this type of problem, call (828) 328-5551 while the problem is occurring or contact Sgt. Cam Anderson at (828) 261-2605 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.

* How can I report narcotics activity?
You can dial (828) 328-5551.

* What do the codes on the DMV 349 Crash Report mean?
Click here for a description of the DMV 349 Codes

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...